Thursday, March 31, 2016

Black College Tour 2016 Day 2

By Student Blogger Lundyn Opuiyo:

Day 2
We experienced a great church service. At the beginning of the service I felt a little tired, so I was dozing in and out. Once the spoken word picked up, I was fully engaged. Almost everyone was captivated by the words the women spoke. The messages from the spoken work and the pastor were direct and easy to relate to. They spoke of rejection and self worth. I noticed how moved all of the people around me were by the end of the service. In my moment of reflection, I denounced the lies I've accepted from others. I forgave myself for believing those lies and I also forgave those who rejected me. I feel as though I was able to release some of the baggage I was carrying. For this reason, Easter Sunday's service on the Black College Tour was the best service I've attended.

No comments:

Post a Comment